Monday, October 05, 2009

Do You Understand The Meaning of the Word "Foreboding"

...as in badness is happening right now?

I'd put it up there with the best movie trailer moments never making it into a movie...

But seriously, the economic situation is still bad, despite stock gains. The reason profits went up (and hence stock prices) is because companies cut overhead. (yes, anyone in the stock market made money - or should I say, regained - off people losing their jobs). We're awash in consumer debt and aren't growing. The govt is sending mix signals - no one knows the effects of the stimulus - the one "successful" program - cash for clunkers is a laughing stock amongst economists because it simply pushed a bunch of car sales up a couple months and cost the taxpayers $$$; the banks have no money, it is unclear the effect of healthcare legislation on small companies, and the housing market is barely holding itself together.

I'm not buying stock. But I'm not selling either. Although, if I were smart, I would.

No comments: