Monday, October 19, 2009

Is Pete Carroll Chuckling? And Other Football Thoughts

After watching Mark Sanchez toss five interceptions yesterday and leading his team to defeat against the hapless Bills? When I say lead to defeat - I mean - if other than for Sanchez, the Jets actually win this game. They ran for 300 plus yards for crissake and the defense only allowed 13 points in regular time despite 6 turnovers. Sanchez is the cause of 2 Jets defeats this season. Will Rex Ryan bench him soon?

Watching Florida-Arkansas game...the refs totally bailed out Florida on a weak penalty in the last drive. Did they get a call from the NCAA asking them to preserve the Alabama showdown "at all costs?"

I'll suck it up a little bit and acknowledge Farve is playing better than I expected. He's only tossed two interceptions in six games, unlike his career average of throwing two per game (okay, I just made that up, but it wouldn't surprise me). I guess it helps having the best running back in the history of football (okay, I just embellished a little bit there as well). Like a greek myth, however, all this Farve hype will lead to his inevitable downfall. He's collapsing in the playoffs against an inferior team. It is already written.

The Ravens are a tough 3-3 team.

No comments: