Thursday, March 20, 2008

Come Out With It, Obama!

While Andrew Sullivan rails against Hillary for making her tax return public...for me...what I want to see about these candidates is...

...their NCAA brackets.

I'm serious. I will be able to judge a candidate by his/her choices. To prove "experience" I'd like to see whether Hillary chose any 12 seed to upset a 5 seed, which happens just about every year. (One argument to be made AGAINST picking a 12 seed is that while they're may be one upset, it's difficult to predict which one, and therefore safer to pick the 5 seeds. Of course, by this logic, one would simply pick all the favorites and come in the top 10-15% of your pool and almost assuredly not win...or at least be required at the end to make some "real" choices.)

Whereas the claim that Obama is an undercover uber-liberal disguised as a pragmatist will be tested by his final selection. Should he choose UNC or UCLA as a champion, he would be proven pragmatic...but should he pick some crazy-whacked ass team like Washington St. or Western Kentucky, they the critics might well be right.

In fact, I'm open to the idea of McCain, Hillary, and Obama going head to head with their brackets and the winner gets my vote. That's how seriously I take the tourney.

No comments: