Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bill Gates

Slams Google apps.

I love the idea of Google Apps and being able to access all my work from any computer, anytime, and share any document I want. But using the applications is frustrating and without the usability and keyboard short cuts of Office. The other issue is how I use software - particularly Final Draft Pro - and to a lesser extent Final Cut Pro.

Also an issue is working with larger and weird files over internet connections which can still crash or get bogged down for technical reasons.

Ironically, the Google applications which work best are gmail and blogger (both of which do have bugs - as does Office), and I end up using them for different than intended purposes. In particular - I take lots of notes using gmail and saving as draft emails.

No comments: