Friday, November 04, 2005

Things I Can Do With Less Of

1. Cell phone usage. I have had limited abilities with my cell phone this week because I couldn't call anyone without knowing their number. My habit of not calling has spilled over to my new phone, I have fewer phone numbers programmed in. Guess what? I'm liking it. I'm liking it a lot. I've become less depenedent on precision communication and rediscovered "run in" encounters. I forgot how much I love the "run in." In college, one of my favorite meeting female tactics was what I called the manufactured "run in," the smart physical placing of myself in an area I might see a certain someone.

But the manufactured "run in" is only one small sliver of "run in" possibilities. I'm now consciously using the phone less and practicing the "run in" more. There is something fabulous about being in the same physical space at the same time that the cell phone purports to shatter. I'm bringing it back, baby.

2. Any kind of sweet alcoholic beverage. No Mas!

3. Soda. Eventually I'll ween myself off completely.

4. Coffee. This is a bad bad habit I've picked up in the past 1.5 years. I really dislike it becoming a habit, but goddamn it, I crave coffee a lot.

5. That's three beverages in a row. I should have condensed into an elegant, one item list, but this is a blog, people expect sloppy randomness. But the item here is BIG STUDENT FILM PRODUCTIONS. From now on, I'm working on only small crews.

6. Traffic. I've already made a huge effort this semester to avoid traffic and I'm continuing to get smarter and smarter about it.

To be cont...

No comments: