Monday, November 28, 2005

Movies

Walk the Line - Everytime I see a biopic, I feel compelled to say, "I don't like biopics." This one is no different. It's a decent movie. Reese Witherspoon deserves an oscar nomination.

Good Night and Good Luck - I thought I would enjoy this because I think Cloony has a lot of potential as a director. I was surprised how small the film was. I was also surprised how slow and rather boring it was.

Syriana - Haven't seen it yet, but it's getting big reviews. These days, that means little, since most movie reviewers suffer from one of two problems: a) They care more about "predicting" public opinion than having one of their own or b) They have their noses so far up the ass of filmmakers they've become defacto advertising revenue.

I guess the most reliable are still NY Times and New Yorker...if David Thomson or Elvis Mitchell haven't weighed in. Here's the times review of the film.

It looks like those who like to believe in conspiracy theories will be delighted. For anyone with any type of intellectual honesty, but also prone to believing in conspiracy theories, I suggest trying to throw a surprise birthday party and then tell me how easy it would be to cover up the Kennedy assassination. I have a feeling I will feel this way after I see Syriana...

No comments: