Thursday, November 24, 2005

NoCal

It's so freaking beautiful up here...in LA, I play tennis at a crowded intersection of Alvarado and Temple or at the ever-busy USC courts. In SF, I play tennis at the top of Russian Hill at a public park that is empty and has a 360 degree view of the bay and city or a club in downtown Tiburon surrounded by trees, peaceful as all hell.

But I still like LA better because up here, I go to a movie and it's practically empty. My energy level goes down to neutral up here, I'm so frigging mellow it almost makes me puke. I feed off the energy of LA, it keep my blood pumping and my neurons firing. In LA, nothing is ever settled. Here, it's as if everyone has found exactly where they want to be and it's just a matter of maintenence.

My parents got back from a recent China trip and I looked through the pictures, Shanghai looked insane. 31 million people. The skyline make SF look like a small township. 1.1 billion people in the country. They still have the one child per family law, my dad says, after going there, the policy makes a lot of sense.

No comments: