Wednesday, November 02, 2005

North Hollywood

Over the past couple weeks I've made a few treks up to North Hollywood along Van Nuys street to get my car worked on. Thankfully, I think all is resolved. Van Nuy street gets fairly shitty in the area past the Federal Building.

Today, as I sat and ate breakfast, awaiting the phone call from the Subaru dealer, a crowd of about 15-20 teenagers walked by, some wearing facials hoods and/or hankerchiefs over their nose and mouth. I'd say of the 15-20 boys and girls, about 75% of them had either hankerchiefs or hoods and hankerchiefs. What on earth could they be doing? To me, it immediately connoted Hamas uniforms. Why were they wearing that stuff? Very puzzling. They weren't Muslims, I'm sure most of them were Hispanic. For a moment, I thought it might be a protest, but there were so few people.

I saw a cop car slowly following them along. Odd.

No comments: