Monday, October 24, 2005

The Story of the Red Pick Up

Guy: What does a guy named Guy look like. I pull into one of those old mechnic shops that you always wonder, if you ever bothered to think about it, how can this business possibly survive? Inside are several old, shitty cars, and a few pick ups. One perfect brownish one with a plastic thing over the bed.

I walk up to a pretty normal looking guy with a moustache.

"Is Guy around?"

"I'm Guy."

"A lady down at the Valero gas station said I should come down and talk to you about finding someone who drives a pick up truck who might be interested in making $100 tomorrow for 3 hours work."

"What kind of pick up?"

"Well that one over there, the brown one, would be perfect without the plastic thing in back. We're looking for something old. Not like that red one..." I point to a shiny new, looking pick up at the car dealer next door.

"Hmmm. I don't really know."

"That one across the street would be fine, too, but this brown one here would be perfect."

"Well, that brown one don't run....I know this guy who helped on that new Jack Nicholsen movie - the one with aliens and stuff."

"Do you mean Mars Attacks?" Mars Attacks came out in 1996.

"Yeah, that's the one. He collects old military stuff and rented it to them for that movie." This guy sounds creepy. "He's got an old pick up. He'll help you out. His name is George, he lives around the corner."

"Do you have a phone number?"

"No. I just went to school with him, if you drive up past the Valero, take a right and his house is next to the school. The only one there. Tell him Guy from Palmers sent you."

Sounds like a good possibility to me. I thank Guy and turn around to see an old 5 gallon red plastic gas tank.

"Do you have these for sale?"

"You need one?"

"Yeah."

"Go ahead and take that one. I've got ten of them at home."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

Awesome.

No comments: