Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Can't Buy Me Love

I remember liking this movie when I was a little kid. I don't remember why, maybe because there was sex and hot chicks, I don't really know. Caught part of it on TV tonight, and it doesn't hold up, really at all. At the time, I thought the lead girl was hot - and now, well, not much to say. She's kind of frumpy. I can see why she never did much afterwards.

During commericials I was switching between the Office and Brown Sugar on the Oxygen network. I've noticed something in the "Lifelong friends turn into lovers genre," like Brown Sugar or My Best Friend's Wedding, etc, the lead girl is alway SUPER cute. Sure, they try to make the "other" girl sexy and you can see maybe why the guy went for the sexy girl, but the lead girl is always quite attractive. I think this somewhat messes with the viewership of the Oxygen channel, because it plays into this fantasy about how guys will come around to their soul mates, blah, blah, but in my experience, guys know pretty early on, if not right away, whether they'd be down with a chick. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, this idea of growing into attraction, but let's be honest, if these guys best friend's were Julia Roberts or the chick from Brown Sugar, their bones would've been jumped way earlier.

No comments: