Thursday, May 05, 2005

Unbelievable Screening

Tonight was amazing. For the first time during film school, I was literally blown away by the talent of my classmates. We had a 533 screening for our final projects. People went frigging nuts and made tremendous movies...the AVERAGE film tonight was completely watchable - which says a lot for film school, where most films are utterly unwatchable except if you're a fellow student or crew member. There were several great little (and not so little) movies. I felt lucky to be in a room with such talent. Half of the things were better than what's on TV most of the time. No joke. In the words of a classmate who attended, "I feel like I stumbled upon an underground film movement at USC, where all the good films are actually being made."

2 comments:

Charles said...

I agree almost al of them were very engaging and a few were down right excellent. Unfortunately I had to leave before seeing Greg's, but I hear it was one of the best. We need a screening! Pretty damn impressive.

Greg said...

even chuck likes the films! jesus, who's next, mike merker?