Sunday, May 08, 2005

College Reunion For Another Perspective

Here's the Pomona's profs blog I read earlier. I love this post - I measure it's strength by my ability to relate, despite not being in a remotely similar position. It's about the damn alumni weekend I went to last week.

She remarks on a class of 2000 member who "heard" she has a cool blog. I'd say it's 50/50 odds that I was the one that member "heard" it from. (note: i just reread the post and the person said "the most amazing blog," which lowers the odds of it being me saying that - because I would never say something in those terms, although the other person may have taken upon him/herself to elaborate what I may have said) Initially she laments people reading or having a high expectations...but that's why its a blog and not a journal.

I feel similar about making movies. If you make a decent one, all of sudden people want to see it, and then you get this weird feeling where you want to apologize and be like, "it's not thaaat good" because you know if folks have that high expectation that after they see it, they'll be like, eh, no big deal. Or even worse, "Yeeeaaah...I liked it." Puke.

No comments: