Friday, March 11, 2005

Publicity

There's an article about the Tiburon Film Festival in the Marin IJ. I was interviewed. God, I come across as such a dick head compared to the other guys.

The film: "The Math Tutor"

The filmmaker: Greg Johnson, Tiburon

This film by Johnson, a University of Southern California film school student, tells the story of a Los Angeles math tutor manipulated by the seductive mother of his student.

Q: What is the one image in your film that sticks in your mind?

Johnson: Probably Mrs. Sanchez (the seductive mother) in a towel.

Q: Who would hate your film?

Johnson: Al Qaeda. They wouldn't like the sexual aspects. (he should have deleted the 2nd sentence)

Q: Why film?

Johnson: Because it's accessible. It's a way to communicate that a lot of people respond to.

Q: Why this film?

Johnson: I wanted to explore a banal subject and try to make a comedy out of it.

Q: What's the difference between a film and a movie?

Johnson: To be honest, I think film is a word that pretentious people like to use. (I don't like the wording, I feel like such an asshole)

No comments: