Friday, March 25, 2005

Building Steam

More steam building against the Republican party, well articulated on Nate's blog.

The Republicans are in bed with some real loonies.

Although I've never done so, I would vote for a Republican if I didn't think he/she was influenced by the nutto religious bullies in the party...problem is, that's the core of the modern Republican party and in my voting lifetime, they have never been able to separate themselves.

But I am not a swing voter...people a tad bit more conservative than me are. The Dems need to move to the right of me on a few issues to get the libertarian/Goldwater conservatives - the smart voters.

Once that happens, the dynamists (V.Postrel) can wrestle the Democratic party away from the statists (again Postrel terminology) and we'll have the real battle for the future.

No comments: