Friday, March 18, 2005

Back

Arite, finally back in LA, and happy to be home. I think my blogging problems will subside now that I'm back to my normal set up, ie double posts and lost posts.

On the way home I listened to a piece on NPR about the "Death of Environmentalism," a lament about how the environmental movement has more or less become non-existant, due to the unsympathetic White House and lack of focus and leadership within the movement.

I was surprised at this attitude. I think the environmental movement WON because most people consider themselves environmentalists or at least pay lip service to the preservation of the environment. It doesn't makes sense to me that environmentalists set themselves up as a distinct group that needs opposition to exist....it seems to me, everyone cares about the environment and it's just a matter of finding practical solutions to recognizable problems.

Why do we animosity to establish existence?

No comments: