Friday, September 24, 2004

Producing

It keeps getting weirder. Yesterday, I was nearly attacked by guard dogs. I went up to a cabin in butt-fuck nowhere and couldn't get through the long driveway because of a gate.

I yelled,"Hello" and go no response. I noticed the "Beware of Dog" sign. In the driveway is a little hot dog sitting there, practically smiling at me.

"This is the frigging dog," I think to myself.

I walk in, yelling hello, and seeing no one. I walk 200 yards, all the way back to the cabin I'm scouting and I hear the woof woof of several, larger dogs.

Goddammit.

I hop onto a rock wall, with a 15 ft drop down, thinking - if I have to jump, I jump. The dogs stop short of attacking me and are staring at me barking loudly. I'm stuck on a frigging wall, looking around at trees I can jump onto like the monkey I am to avoid being attacked.

I'm trying to calm the dogs down, but they're not having it - one brown retriever like dog, about 70 pounds, another 60 pound mutt of some sort.

They finally get tired and leave, running away. I hop down into the woods to find a stick that I can use to fight off the dogs to get to my car, if necessary. But the dogs hear me scrambling around and come back barking again.

Finally, the owner comes and calms the dogs down. He tells me they won't hurt me, unless I attack them with a stick. The attack dog that would really hurt me was up asleep elsewhere.

Grrrreaaaat.

No comments: