Sunday, September 19, 2004

1st Day of Production

Went quite well from what I can tell. My job was lining everything up and let people do their jobs. The dailies will tell. It's always amazing the set of circumstances that bring a day of shooting together. Ususally it feels like it's about to fall apart each minute and some type of miracle happens, and it comes together. How this always happens, I don't know.

I watched part of the Long Goodbye last night, an Altman version of the Chandler novel. Unfortunately, we missed the first 40 minutes because of production. The film seemed awesome. It featured one of the greatest scenes in I've seen in a long time - a bunch of thugs trying to intimidate Marlow (played by Eliot Gould) undressing themselves. There's an extra special cameo. I wish I had seen the whole thing - it was screening at the Hollywood Cemetary.

We then ventured to an EIN party which was predictably horrific. I left and bought a FHM with Alyssa Milano on the cover.

I got a ride home and slept forever. We need to shoot again this evening.

No comments: