Sunday, March 16, 2014

Logging

Book:  Upside of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success by Megan McArdle

She's one of my favorite bloggers and I love the premise of the book, but I realized I'm learning very little from reading it.  I'm also disappointed she uses so many examples from the entertainment industry, particularly the bit regarding Titanic and Waterworld.  Guess what?  Waterworld just became profitable recently.  Also guess what?  Everyone already knows most movies are gambles.

Anyhow, I suppose there are downsides to reading a book where you already agree with the premise because...what's the point, really?  If you already agree and already live using the principles she talks about...what do you expect to get from it?  Justification?  I don't have anyone asking me to justify my choices.

No comments: