Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gyms

A new YMCA is opening up near my house and the monthly membership is $47 plus a $49 dollar membership fee.  They will have swimming and basketball and classes and all that stuff, which is cool, and probably makes the membership worthwhile IF, and this is a big IF, you use all the facilities.

I called Gold's Gym hollywood and the same deal - around $50 a month.

Now I'm someone whose primary athletic activities are sports -- soccer, basketball, and an occasional jog.  I would like a gym to visit once or twice a week to do a few leg exercises.  I can't see committing $50 a month.  Am I wrong?  Being to frugal?  I dunno.  Gyms have become this thing where they are trying to make themselves all-encomasing and the primary focus of one's exercise routine.  I sort of miss the idea of just a simple weight room where you go to build a little strength.

No comments: