Monday, June 04, 2012

Logging

TV:  Game of Thrones Season 2 Finale

I didn't care for the zombies - the magic elements are not for me.  One of the reasons I liked Season 1 so much was the lack of supernatural crap.  But I'm still incredibly excited about all the character stuff.  I went back last night and watched some season 1 scenes.  Some lingering questions from way back when:

1.  What happened to Barristan Selmy - supposedly one of the best knights in the kingdom - the guy who Joffery fired and tried to pay off, who rejected the offer and tossed off all his gear and left?

2.  What happened to Ned Stark's man who he sent after Gregor Clegane in Season 1?  This, remember, was one of the reason Stark was short on muscle when all the shit goes down.

3.  What is Varys the Spider up to?  I just re-watched the scene when Arya overhears him talking to a "foreigner" about Danerys and Drogo and seemingly plotting the return of the Targaryens.  Is that is overall goal?  Why?

I particularly liked the detail about the King of Quarth having nothing in his safe.  Good choice.

I want to see another Tywin/Tyrion scene.  What is Tywin's deal?  What does he want?  Does he know about Jamie and Cersi?  He must - and that is strange.

I went back and watched for when Bron was introduced in season 1 because I only remembered him from when he kills the knight and frees Tyrion.  But he was introduced in the bar when Catlyn Stark takes Tyrion hostage - he is the one who offers up Tyrion his room for money and then he goes along with them on the road.

No comments: