Friday, June 08, 2012

Logging

Book:  The Lonely Men by Louis L'Amour

I became interested in this writer during my trip to North Carolina.  In a pawn shop there was a box with literally hundreds of used L'Amour books.  I couldn't believe this guy had written so many books.  Maybe it is my own ignorance, or a geographical thing, because I can't remember anyone every mentioning or talking about L'Amour books to me.

So when I got back home, I stopped by my local used book stores and bought one by the title.  The titles are great.  They all like "Law of the Desert is Born," "May There be a Road, "The Lonely Men," "Ride the Dark Trail," this kind of stuff.

He is not a good writer.  As much as I wanted to enjoy a book about men on a mission titled "The Lonely Men," I had to stop reading.  I mean, there isn't much of a point.  Larry McMurtry blows the guy out of the water and after reading the entire Lonesome Dove series, it's tough to go to something like this and get much enjoyment out of it.

No comments: