Monday, June 11, 2012

Euro 2012:  England 1, France 1 / Netherlands 0, Denmark 1


Many of these games I unfortunately won't be able to watch live due to work and not wanting to be a total jerk off.

I watched the first half of each of these games.  Both scores remained the same.  Netherlands looked to be the better team, but missed opportunities and were a bit soft in the back.  Denmark played smart.  Netherlands, I hope will make it through, because their front 5 guys are fun to watch play.

France has some skilled players in the front - Nasri, Ribery, and a few other guys, but they all seem in the same mold - small, flair players.  It looks to me like they could use a stronger presence up front - a Gomez, or a Rooney, or a Zidane.  It works for Spain because they have 8 guys like this, but if you only have 3, you can't play the style of Spain and wear the opponent down.

I love Welbeck for England.  Guy has some superior athletic ability.  Not rooting for England like I have in the past.  Getting tired of the Gerrard, Terry, Lampard group and their general tightening up on the big stage.

No comments: