Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Censorship Will Be Enforced

I suggest we make discussing race illegal or least bracket it off into some lab where I don't have to listen to it anymore. It's so annoying. I can't think of a more frustrating, pointless, and endlessly unproductive discussion topic.

All over the radio and news today are cries about a Republican cabal that questions the legitimacy of the Obama presidency - from the birthers to the "you lie," to the guns at tea party protests.

Am I missing something here? These are the exact same tactics the Left used against Bush after the 2000 election. The exact questions of legitimacy and undermining the respect and authority deserved of the office. I agree it's completely dumb and petty on both sides - but why is racist when directed at Obama?

No comments: