Monday, December 15, 2008

The Shoe Heard Round the World

I saw footage of the shoe throw. Bush was surprisingly nimble.

Obviously, this was a classless act. There isn't much to say about the individual. He's a weirdo, a nut, whatever. What disheartens me is that our news sources report the Arab would is incredibly proud of this shoe thrower, yet another sign (as if we needed another) how uncivilized the Arab world is. Do these people have any self respect for themselves? Throwing a shoe is something to be proud of?

I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise and I prefer tossing shoes to hand grenades and suicide vests and I hate to disparage an entire people, but regardless of how nice and capable and friendly and awesome individuals Arabs are - as a culture - the Arab culture - is frustrated, hateful, spiteful, and weak. And it sucks.

Baby steps, I suppose.

No comments: