Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Overstatement

I forgot to post this the other day...but I caught some of MNF this week and Carolina looked like a team on a freaking mission from hell. Tampa Bay - one of the toughest defenses in the league - got literally run over by Carolina in the 2nd half. Who are those running backs? On back to back plays, they each flattened Ronde Barber. Freaking embarrassing.

Plus, they've got Steve Smith, one of the best receivers in the league and an outstanding defense. This team looks like it has all the tools except a QB, but there are a bunch of years when teams like that can win super bowls so long as the QB is one of those "game managers" who doesn't make mistakes - Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, etc.. Delhomme looks like one of those. I mean for crissake, Rex Grossman took the Bears to the Super Bowl a couple years ago.

If I were a betting man, I'd make an irrational bet and pick Carolina to win the Super Bowl. The Giants look flummoxed and the Titans, I think are wound too tight like the Pats last year, and don't have the offense to come from behind. I don't see anyone else - maybe Pittsburgh - but I don't know - I never think very highly of them. NFC East has fallen apart. Those teams suck.

No comments: