Monday, November 17, 2008

What I'm Eating

Went back to Masa in Echo Park this weekend, preordered the Chicago Style Pizza with sausage and green peppers. It wasn't as good as I remembered. Followed it up with bread pudding for desert. Still the best desert out there.

Starbucks breakfast sandwich - this too, has gotten worse, if you ask me. Or maybe it just can't compete with Panera.

Whole Foods salads - at the one on Lincoln, they had a pretty good spinach salad pre-made yesterday evening. Today, I made my own version of the vegan-crap chicken salad at Whole Foods downstairs from work. A bed of lettuce, red onion, cucumber, carrots, a little cheese, and some chicken. The balsamic vingerette was quite tasty, it must have had sesame oil or soy sauce or something because it gave it an asian flavor. A good lunch - cheap - and not very filling. I needed a salty snack this afternoon - the generic version of Chex snack mix they sell at Smart and Final. Very salty, but surprisingly tasty. Reminds me of something my grandparents would have at their house.

One nice thing about the Wild Oats to Whole Foods transition is the free samples. Today, there was great white cheddar and tasty edam out for sample.

Also tried the Gumbo at South. Not bad. Thus far, I'm not impressed with the food at South. Heavy, expensive, unhealthy. I miss the 6.95 bfast and bloody mary special at Ye Old Rustic Inn.

No comments: