Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Good Tips

My favorite new show is The Life and Times of Tim. A New Yorker article about the creator. Some good writing advice:

But mostly, Mr. Dildarian said, he enjoys putting Tim in impossible, unsolvable situations because he finds such scenes so easy to write. “It’s partly because I’m lazy, and partly because the work comes out better,” he said. “If anything’s hard to write, I don’t write it.”


For some reason, no one seems to like the show.

So far, several critics haven’t agreed: reviewing “Tim” in The Los Angeles Times, Robert Lloyd wrote, “I didn’t find much of it funny, but on a kind of purely analytical level I can see how the jokes are supposed to work.” And on Slate, Troy Patterson said “Tim” was not so much animated as “complacently sketched in a stab at slacker minimalism.”


The only other unabashed fan apparently is one of the 14 year old kids of one of our clients. Hmmm. Maybe that should tell me something.

No comments: