Sunday, February 18, 2007

What Would Be Good For America

I wish Hillary wasn't backing down on her Iraq stance.

I think it would be good for America and the Democrats if the Democratic primary became about Iraq. If Obama runs on leaving Iraq by 2008 and Hillary runs on a plan to "win the peace," then the party can come to terms with itself. The Democrats need to decide and be clear about a strategy to win the terror war. If they want to play defense, fine, just come out and say it, but be willing to acknowledge the downside to such a strategy both politically and the strategically.

I think most, if not nearly all the Democrats are sick of Bush. But I don't think all of us want to pull out and wave the white flag. So it would be nice to be able to see where we stand - Obama on one side, Hillary on the other, and Edwards and whoever else taking strong, clear, distinct stances. It'd be good for the country.

I just hate this feeling I have about Hillary that she's caving to internal partisan pressure.

No comments: