Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sprawl Is Good

Sounds like an interesting book. Sprawl is an ancient problem, not one unique to Los Angeles. And it can be good.

Frankly, I like little area I live in off of Sunset. I make a point of frequenting places to eat within walking distance, just because it's nice to be part of a neighborhood, even if the hipster people working at the places I go don't like me too much. I sometimes walk in wearing a sweat suit, looking like Big Pussy from the Sopranos, and the tattoo and pierced homophiliac crowd thinks I'm tacky because I'm not wearing something used and/or artistic. I'm more popular at Eat Well than at Prasadam, who charges me an arm and a leg for coffee.

But I still like the area and feel more a part of a city neighborhood than I ever did living on Nob Hill (although, there was a time in SF when a whole bunch of my friends lived up and down California Street towards Polk and we hung around the neighborhood quite a bit).

No comments: