Monday, December 12, 2005

Rough Cut

Am not looking forward to screening a rough cut of my short film this evening. It's probably the shabbiest thing I've ever shown to a class, but the lazy-ass class is meeting and no one has anything to show...so I'll bring in what I have and maybe get a suggestion or two.

One forgets how long it can take to edit simple sequences, if you've done a lot of takes. For some reason, I thought having relatively few cuts in certain scenes would make the movie easy to cut...but this one is taking a shitpile of time. It'll likely be a 20 minute movie in the end.

It's not a good sign how uninspired I am right now with the film. I'm sick of it. I think a lot of sucks, there are a few good moments, but good moments are useless if the timing of the rest of the damn thing isn't right.

I'll give myself a month to clean it up best I can and see what I can come up with.

No comments: