Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Kong

At the beginning, I thought, maybe this will be a good popcorn movie. I liked LOR enough and the cast is pretty good, it's three hours, maybe he had something to say.

Ohhh Lawrd, I was wrong. I found it pretty tough to watch. Scenes drag on pointlessly. Naomi Watts is a good actress, but all she does is give meaningful looks the whole film. Adrian Brody I barely noticed. Jack Black is the best part of the film, for me, just because I liked the idea of his character, not even how it's ultimately put together, just the concept of this guy who'll do anything to get what he wants.

It took forever to see King Kong with all these stupid obstacles of getting to the Island (all of sudden they get a communication that Jack Black is a wanted man, as if they couldn't tell from the cops coming at the harbor) and cheese-dick acting, which could've been a style if Jackson had any sense of irony.

Once we get to the island there are a few good sequences. I liked when the few survivors are getting attacked by insects. I don't really buy Kong turning into Jackie Chan against the T-Rex's and swinging around doing Judo moves.

As I mentioned before, I like Jack Black continuing on with his stupid insistence of making a movie, against everyone, and yet people don't really mutiny against him, they just sort of let him keep going....which I find true and charming.

But alas, I wish I had something more grand to say about the film and why it is so bad, but I don't. I wish I had my money and time back.

No comments: