Saturday, April 23, 2005

Running Low on Steam

My biggest worry about being involved with the entertainment industry is simply running out of steam. This world is a big hustle, you're always positioning yourself for a project, for work, I see it already in film school as a little mini-version of the industry. Right now, I truthfully long to be finished with my academic paper on blogging and editing my ten minute movie and doing some easy-breezy mundane work that pays decent, so I can work a little bit and enjoy my time sitting in the sun, watching movies, and goofing around.

This life we've chosen doesn't allow that - goofing around is a temporary relief, necessary only to re-energize one for the big haul. Watching movies is about paying attention to craft and getting ideas. Any extra money I ever have goes straight into another project or another tool to create another project. I know this is the life I want, it's just I can't keep up the energy all the time...stable, easy jobs can be theraputic at times. Of course, I can't imagine doing it for 40 some odd years.

Why can't I just make a living blogging and make films as a hobby? Or vice versa?

No comments: