Sunday, February 08, 2004

I haven't posted much on the primaries, because I haven't been too opinionated on the whole thing. I liked Clark for awhile, but I think it was mostly because I didn't like anyone else. I guess it's down to Kerry and Edwards. I've got no deep problems with either one, but neither are really inspiring. Of course, the most interesting thing is the fall of Dean. It's bizarre how the world hoists these people up so high, only to bring them crashing back to earth so quickly.

People are mean. They love front runners and hate people who are floundering and struggling. I'm the opposite - distrust frontrunners (or more accurately, the credit they are given) and tend to root for the underdog. I don't think I'm a better person for this, it's probably Freud's narcissistic origin of compassion...I give credit to the failure, because I hope people would do the same for me if in the position. I probably like to bring down the frontrunner because I'm jealous.

No comments: