Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What If...

Klosterman ponders what it means if Kentucky wins. His statement could be furthered by asking - what if Kentucky and the Miami Heat win?

I haven't been following the Final Four this year. And come to think of it, I haven't followed it nearly as much in recent years as I did in the past. I used to think it was the best sporting event in the world. Only recently, the World Cup became better, and then the NCAA tourney became second best. Now, I don't even watch. NFL football and the NBA playoffs, for me, blow it out of the water. Why?

It could just be me and where I am. I follow NBA and I like the NBA so much right now, I just can't get invested and spend the time to follow the games and the teams. My favorite time for the NCAAs was during college when I'd be on spring break skiing during the day and come home exhausted and watch like 6 hours straight of NCAA while drinking beer and making dinner. If God came down and was like - you can have 10 days of your life to live again - I swear one of those days would be one. But now, I don't even watch. It used to be, you would remember some guy from years ago and he'd still be playing for UCLA, or he'd be supplemented by a new big man or his younger brother. Now, I have to catch up on who all these guys are from scratch. It's just too much time to invest for me.

I wonder if other people are having the same experience. I wonder if the ratings are up or down.

No comments: