Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Logging

TV: Luck ep. 7, Eastbound and Down ep. 3 and 4

If HBO wasn't getting Game of Thrones back, I'd have to consider canceling. I love HBO, don't get me wrong, but what shows do they have? Eastbound and Down is so strange at times, I can't believe anyone enjoys it. The episode of Stevie dressed like a Geisha girl and Kenny turning into cannon ball practice was strange, but I feel like this last episode topped it in terms of weirdness.

Luck. Oh man. On episode 7 there was an unintentionally funny preview before the on Demand viewing. There was this cheapo voice over explaining the background of all the characters while showing the preview - this was a like a 3 minute segment. It reminded me of 70s movie previews and was just hilarious because HBO felt like it needed a clear voice over to explain who all these characters were because otherwise even the heady HBO audience would have no clue who anyone is. "Walter --- is a trainer with a dark past...", so on and so forth. The show reminds me a little bit of when a person who you really like suddenly changes and gets religious or sober or really into yoga and it's just kind of uncomfortable being around them because they feel like someone totally different and humorless and just...off.

No comments: