Thursday, March 08, 2012

Logging

Film: Rear Window and Disturbia

Rear Window, of course, is a good film, well constructed, very clever, witty, and all those things. I also fell asleep during it. Which I imagine has happened before because I know some of the scenes and must've watched it at some point in my life prior and yet, I couldn't remember much about it. Strange how most Hitchcock movies have a similar affect. I love the set ups, the irony, the humor mixed with the suspense, and yet, I fall asleep. Or want to. Times.

On the other hand, Disturbia. Many moments of "duh, why is the character doing that..." and an overly long set up. But the third act is quite good and I imagine explains why the film is a hit. I can see people who like these kind of movies coming out of Disturbia and recommending it based on the fact that it is pretty good for the teenage thriller genre.

No comments: