Friday, June 10, 2011

LeBron Theory

Okay, clearly something is wrong with LeBron. My theory: it is emotional. A year of being hated has worn on him. He is a fundamentally a good guy and wants to be liked. And I think the emotional toll of becoming a heel and being hated has gotten to him. That is my theory. Sure, he has the most ridiculous amount of talent in the world, but we can't forget the guy is still a 26 year old dude who was raised by a single mother who had him when she was 16 with an ex-convict father. No one since Jordan has had as much pressure or a spotlight on him - and Jordan was 28 before he won rings and came from a solid upper middle class family and had 3 years of college at a really good school and basketball program. He was as prepared as one can be for such pressure. LeBron doesn't have the same emotional toolbox. And people are harder today than they were when Jordan was playing. I feel bad for the dude.

2 comments:

PWD said...

ESPN Presents - THE DECISION...I'm going to South Beach, bitches! Suck on that Cleveland!

andy v said...

I include myself in the rebellious LeBron made the best decision maybe ever in basketball in leaving Cleveland category because he is the best player in the world etc. but man the difference btw the Chicago series and the finals is as big a high and low for a player of his caliber I have ever seen. I actually think Simmons put it really well in his Game 5 analysis even more so than he all encompassing post Game 4 LeBron takedown"

"LeBron James: You know, just the run-of-the-mill stuff … like his legacy as a player. I watched him pretty closely in Game 5 from my seat: He doesn't seem comfortable, as if he lost his identity as a basketball player to some degree. Is it possible that he's so talented that he never ended up concentrating on one great thing? He never developed a go-to gimmick like Dirk's high-post game, Wade's one-on-one game, Kobe's one-on-one game, Duncan's low-post game … he's like one of those fancy diners that has a six-page menu loaded with options, only when you ask the waitress what's good, she says, "I don't know, everything!" But wait … I asked you what's good."