Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Not Worth It

Well, jeez. I broke one of my cardinal rules today and blogged about work. I felt a little weird "should I do this" when I hit post and then rationalized, "Ahhh...no one will ever see it." Wrong. So wrong. Every time I've ever blogged about something and thought "No one will see it," the exact people I'm worried about seeing it, see it. Exactly two hours after blogging about a book, a series of comments show up in my box:

that's not what they advocate. If you're in such a hurry to put words in their mouths, then why don't you put down the book right now, make up your book review (remember, like in Elementary School), and go have a nice long drink and think about how insightful and awesome you are.
# posted by Blogger Celeste : 7:07 PM

Somebody hired you?

No wonder the economy is falling apart.
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:09 PM

You're a douchebag. Are you just feeling bad that you can't man up and bring in the dough even though ALL the decks are stacked in your favor?

Like I said: Douchebag.
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:10 PM

agreed.

Douche. Bag.

Nuff said, Douchebag.
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:41 PM


As much as I would like to engage these pleasant ladies in a dialog, it's not worth it. I took down the original post because this kind of bullshit isn't worth sweating over. These disgusting cows terrorizing my comments section have more time and energy than me and will eventually defeat me. How do I know this? Because this is what I know about them:

A) They google themselves or somehow peruse the internet randomly searching for commentary on things that offend them. This is, if you ask me, is a sign of craziness.
B) They forward to their equally insane friends to repeat the ad hominem attacks on some random blogger (me).
C) They are both repetitive and make no sense. How did I both ruin the economy and at not know how to man-up and bring home the bacon? Why should I write a book report and then get a drink? And just so I'm clear - you all agree I'm a douchebag or only the last two, but the last two really, really think I'm a douchebag? **On this issue, I bear a little bit of responsibility because I was a huge advocate of bringing back douche bag into the lexicon. ***That's right suckas, I just took credit for bringing back douchebag. Whose gonna challenge me?

I realize getting into this is like playing basketball with a retarded person. I know. It's sick. You got to ignore crazy people like this, just let them stew in their petty, small worlds and avoid them. This whole internet thing is a real mixed blessing.

6 comments:

sher58 said...

I was bringing back douchebag long before you.

robyn said...

I totally heard Sher using that term months before you ever started saying it again.

Greg said...

this is evidence of the fact that everyone is always trying to undermine me. obviously, robyn, you did not know sher months before i started using douchebag - which was in 1987. ha!

Kat said...

A douchebag is a hygienic product; you should take it as a compliment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu-elFAWUvY&feature=related

(at the very end)

Anonymous said...

I'm SO intrigued...what was the original comment that caused the "Douchebag" storm?

Do share!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO intrigued...what was the original comment that caused the "Douchebag" storm?

Do share!