Thursday, May 21, 2009

Greg's Pick Of The Week

My wikipedia entry of the day never really caught on, although I'll do one quickly now for old times sake: the biblical story of Samson.

But onto new blogentrytypes - Greg's pick of the week. This week it is food: Sak's Teriyaki in Westwood. I've never been to Japan, but eating at Sak's feels like I'm eating at a high end street vendor in a hip Tokyo neighborhood circa 1979. Basically, the whole menu are grilled skewers of Teriyaki items - shrimp, beef, chicken, veggies. You can get various combos with rice and salad or bowls with meat on rice or side orders of just sticks. All are good. All are reasonably priced. The seating is pretty awesome. You can sit outside in a few separate patio places, or inside a little cafeteria style dining room. I think you can even sneak upstairs and eat in a little quiet room. The kitchen is the size of a taco truck. The order window - one person at a time.

It's on Glendon right next door to my office, which makes it extra special.

No comments: