Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Economics

In the afternoon I like to have a soda. My soda of choice is overwhelmingly Diet Pepsi. I love it.

Oftentimes, I like to eat a salty snack with the soda and the only option we have at our office is popcorn. Now, for some reason, with this brand of popcorn I like how regular coke compliments the popcorn. I have no idea why. When I opt for the popcorn, I choose to drink a coke instead of a Pespi.

So a weird thing happens...I go into the kitchen with the intention of getting a Pepsi and end up leaving the kitchen with a popcorn and coke through a set of rational choices. I've done this multiple times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read "Blink?"

Greg said...

i've read blink, but don't exactly see the connection. it seems more freakonomicish to me...