Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Amazon Prime

I used the trial subscription when I purchased a cord and then I also bought two other things this weekend because of the free shipping, an ipod radio converter and a new hardback book.

I would've just bought the ipod thing from radio shack, but it was half the price on amazon with the free shipping. The book I wanted was a hardcover best seller, a new book on the CIA. Normally, I don't pay premium price for a book - I wait for the paperback, get it as a gift (for some reason my parents like hardcover), or I'll get it from the library. Once in awhile, if I REALLY want or need to read a book, I get the hardcover, but it is rare.

But with free shipping, and the amazon discount, the book was only $16, which is pretty affordable for a 700 page hardcover. I'm sure the paperback will cost 12-15 at the store anyway, so I saw it as a good deal.

No comments: