Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Not A Bad Argument

Not a bad argument against Neoconservatism.

It still seems to me Iraq was worth the shot. If Neoconservative logic ends in Empire, or in his best words, "the alleged peril of not having an empire," was to prove faulty, it would've needed to have been tested somewhere...and at what better time and what better moment than in Iraq in 2003?

The fact is, Iraq was an experiment to see if a new type of foreign policy could shake things up in the Middle East. All the moralizing and sentimentalizing over the troops and Bush and all that shit doesn't do a lick a good.

I guess my beef with Sullivan - although I agree strongly with this post - is that at one time he supported the war as it was being handled, then he didn't support the war as it was being handled (in fact, he wanted more troops), and now he is saying he doesn't support the entire logic behind using American troops as an occupying force.

I don't care if people change their minds because new facts become apparent...but Sullivan is too fickle for my taste.

No comments: