Saturday, June 16, 2007

Moratorium on the West Side

The last two days I've drive 100+ miles and spent 10+ hours on and driving to various places on the West Side - Venice, Culver City, Westwood, Santa Monica. Granted, when I get out there, I have a good time. But the process is so unbearable because of the vast distance, my lack of geographical expertise on the region, and unpredicable traffic conditions.

Many of these places are like visiting a foreign country - one where they speak English. It certainly feels like I'm in a different world, a different climate, different looking people.

The enormous length of streets always throw me for a loop. Sepulveda, Venice, Slauson, Lincoln, Pico, what weird, large and long streets these are. Shit, Slauson is practically a freeway - the 90. What is that?

Anyhow, the vast amount of resouces it takes me to get out there make the trip too costly in time and resources (gas). It takes me the entire night (if it's a weeknight) and busts up the entire day if it is a weekend. Sorry folks, I've self revoked my Westside visa and won't be over there until July.

No comments: