Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Insomnia = Good

On Sunday I played in a soccer game followed by a dinner party during which I injested 3 beers. I had gotten a bunch of work done during the weekend and was feeling good, no anxiety or lingering deadlines. The recipe was perfect for a good night's sleep. Only I couldn't. I kept waking up. I was incredibly comfortable, I remember, because I spent time setting up my fan to bring cool air into my room.

It made no sense. I even got out of bed at one point and started doing a little work on a script. My day at work was miserable. I kept falling asleep.

So I figured last night I would crash early. I got into bed around 10ish with a book and was like, all right, a good night of sleep. And then, again, tossing and turning. This time I really jumped up and worked on my script until about 2am.

Now I'm tired again at work, but I did get a good deal of work done during these weird bouts of insomnia that I am currenty blaming on my experimental fried chicken...which was the only constant over the last two nights - both times I had it for dinner.

No comments: