Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Open Thread

I've never tried this before, mostly because I don't have enough readers, but I'm opening up an open thread/comment festival for the following question:

What makes you want to puke?

This is not a totally out of the blue question, as my stomach feels nauseous this AM for no apparent reason. But it's not the gagging up nausea associated with real puking, it's a dull nausea that won't end up in puking, but a feeling I used to get every year when I came down to Claremont before school for summer practices. I don't know if it was the intense workouts, the intense heat, or just coming into the unfamiliar sights and sounds. But I remember the feeling vividly (they say the sense of smell carries the most memory, but I think the sense of puke might actually carry quite a bit of memory as well). Maybe it was the smog. Anyhow, I remember college fondly for the most part, except that I often felt nauseous throughout.

No comments: