Thursday, May 04, 2006

Worse Than It's Ever Been

Last night I met an Iraqi guy whose lived most of his life in Canada and the US. But he has family in Baghdad, and he told me it's worse there than it's ever been. Although, I must say, people have been saying that same thing for the past 3 years, so it's hard to tell what's true. He also thought that the country would definitely split up in the long run, that the state ties are not as strong in the region as sectarian ties, the Shi'ia and so forth. He said we maybe be able to cobble together a government for the next ten years or so, but that long run, there's going to be a lot of dead people.

Well, that sucks!

On another note, I don't like the US Media and Army boasting of being able to catch Zarqawi. (also here) I hate this kind of talk, especially because it's happened so many times before and it's been let down after let down. Just let us know when it happens. I'd prefer if they killed him, to be honest, to avoid this whole Moussaoi thing or the kangaroo court that is the Saddam trial.

And PS - we don't need to show a bumbling Zarqawi on ABC news. We need it on Al Jazeera.

No comments: