Monday, May 29, 2006

Another Year

Birthdays have a tendency, these days, to make me a little blue. Another year goes by and I always feel a little...I don't know, unaccomplished. Part of this, I know, has to do with being 95% finished with graduate school, heading towards a career of uncertainty in the Entertainment Business. Part of has to do with other things, about being older and single, and not "successful," and worried about the future and just in general, not having much stability.

But then I think - fuck off, you wuss. Look at your group of friends, you lucky bastard. Look your immediate family who supports and cares about you. Look at what you spend your time doing, making movies and games. How dare you be blue?

And I realize that it isn't blueness which is my predominant internal state, but rather a thankful pride. I'm thankful and proud of my friends. As of where I'm from. And what I'm trying to do with my life.

And so I say to aging and status and ultimately death, to mix quotes from two men who don't really reflect my political values, "Bring it on, you damn dirty ape."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sentiment?? From Greg....yuck!