Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cheese

I don't know if I've ever mentioned on this blog how much I love cheese. I love cheese. I've always loved cheese. I will always love cheese. In a no holds barred match between nearly any food or drink pleasure, cheese is going to be not only in the final four, but a frontrunner for victory. That includes wine, steak, and beer.

That is why it is surprising how little I go to the Cheeseshop in Silverlake, right down the street from my house. It is a good cheese shop. Pricey, as most good cheese shops are, but hey, a little pricey cheese now and again goes a long way.

I don't know much about cheese, however. I don't know names of brands or how to define what kind of animal most of the cheeses come from....but maybe one day, as my life fails to amount to anything substantial and I look to become another version of Paul Giamatti's character from Sideways, it will be cheese that I specialize in, instead of wine.

And although I have a stated public policy of wanting to live a really long life, cause as shitty as it is sometimes, let's be honest, life is a pretty cool thing, I will sacrfice the risk of heart disease to enjoy copious amounts of cheese.

No comments: