Thursday, May 18, 2006

Guilt

For the record, I feel guilty for the last post. But lets not confuse things. I think it's important to be a moral person. I'm not necessarily sure why. It's become even more important to me the older I get. Again, I'm not really sure why. I don't think it's because of church or anything. Maybe it's just the way I was raised. Who frigging knows. But like I said, religious folks want to push the chips into the table - as both the Christians and Muslims seem to want to do these days, and they want to get nasty and self righteous and try to woo everyone around them with their faith - I don't think us secular humanists ought to be shaking or even worried. I can be as, if not more, self-righteous about right and wrong, than any Jesus loving Christian out there. And that, to me, isn't a sign of moral weakness, but of strength. I'm going to try to the right thing regardless if it means the prize of heaven or not, and whatever personal faith questions I have, I'll keep to myself, or at the very most, my blog readership.

No comments: