Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Walgreens Photo

I just did my first online digital photo upload to get prints. It worked fairly smoothly...

First, I tried Rite Aid, but couldn't figure out how to install the software using Mozilla on their website. Walgreens was much easier. I just needed to add the website to Mozilla's allowable websites. Then, I uploaded all my pictures and got the first 20 prints free and the rest for $0.19 a pop. It seemed like a good deal to me. I noticed Walmart has a deal for $0.12 a print. That's a fairly significant difference, but with the 20 free, makes it pretty nominal.

If you upload fewer prints on bring them into the store, the cost shoots up to $0.29 per print.

Anyhow, I've yet to see the prints, but I've seen other people print digital photos and they seems to hold up quite nicely. (Why aren't we shooting digital movies and making prints?) Just a thought.

One thing that did annoy me was I was only allowed to make "glossy" prints. Matte prints can be made, but must be via mail. I've always preferred matte.

One think I discovered, however, was that you can order huge poster sized prints, 20 x 30 for $20 plus shipping. This might be a nice way to decorate the house - make some arty pictures with a small digital camera. Shoot, you could do some cool photoshopping as well. Hmmmmm.

No comments: